As a KEITH Manufacturing Co. Press Brake Operator, you will be responsible to set-up and operate machinery using CNC Cincinnati or manual programs for the Punch Press and/or Press Brakes, including the calculation for the stretch, proper tooling, bend or punch sequence and recognition of machine malfunctions. Also, be detail-oriented that will ensure that each project is completed on time. The ideal candidate will have a steady hand and great attention to detail.
- Perform a variety of press brake operations, usually on a heavy steel plate, stainless steel, or aluminum
- Set dies and stops and adjusts ram for varying plate thickness
- Improvise, build or recommend special purpose tooling to meet requirements, layout location of holes, cutouts, and bends, making allowances for welding and convenience in assembly if required
- Plan sequence of multiple pass operations for a series of bends and other fabrication operation on complicated sections
- Proficient in reading and interpretation of shop drawings
- Able to use secondary equipment, i.e., Drill Press, rolls, notcher, deburring equipment, etc.
- Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Also, capable of working to close tolerance +/-.005 regularly
- Inspect your work using precision measuring instruments such as micrometer and dial calipers
- Maintain a “customer first” mindset for productivity and quality
- Maintain 6S in the work area
- Meets agreed upon manufacturing goals on time
- Arrive at work, meetings, appointments, and other work-related functions on time and as scheduled
- Able to perform other duties as assigned
- Responsible for communication with Leads any operating concerns
- Able to operate other machinery in the area when necessary
- Previous verifiable weld and/or Cincinnati experience a plus
- Able to pass employer performance tests
- LEAN Manufacturing knowledge preferred
- Additional requirements may apply
- PC Computer
- Fork Lift
- Overhead Crane
- Exposure to continual noise daily from machines
- Able to sit or stand for 10 hours at a time
- Able to lift 25 lbs.
- Able to control/handle large workpieces that weigh more than 50 lbs. in a safe manner utilizing forklift, Material Carts, Material Supports, and Overhead Crane
- Effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated and directed
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
Compensation & Benefits
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401 (k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Life and Short-Term Disability
- Profit Sharing Program
KEITH Manufacturing Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our Company’s policy to recruit and select the most qualified candidate for any job openings. Our selection and promotion decisions are made on factors such as demonstrated ability, experience, and training without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
KEITH Manufacturing Co. is a drug-free workplace. All final candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen.
KEITH Manufacturing Co. hires U.S. citizens and persons lawfully authorized to work in the U. S