As a KEITH Manufacturing Co. Machine Operator II in the Extrusion/Plastics Value Stream, you will be responsible for maintaining and operating specific machines during machine production; loading and unloading material or parts from the machine; and making minor adjustments to machine controls.
- Able to read and follow specified layouts, procedures, and operating charts
- Read and interpret blueprints and or drawings
- Able to perform repetitive operations on required machinery in the area
- Responsible for checking completed parts to meet KEITH Quality Control standards
- All other duties as assigned
- Self-directed, requiring little or no supervision
- Maintain a “customer first” mindset for productivity and quality
- Maintain 6S in the work area
- Meets agreed upon manufacturing goals in a timely manner
- Arrive at work, meetings, appointments, and other work-related functions on time and as scheduled
- May operate other machinery in the area when necessary
- Able to operate chip bins and fill coolant for other operators when necessary
- Responsible for communication with Leads and CNC Controller regarding setup, controls, and operating concerns.
- May be required to pass employer performance tests
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Minimum of 1-year experience required.
- Willing to learn and complete Keith online training coursed
- Works in a Extrusion/Plastics Shop
- Exposed daily to continual noise from machines
- Various machinery including CNC Machines, Lathes, Grinders and Forklift
- Calipers, bore gauges, micrometers and other precision measuring tools and hand tools.
- Able to sit or stand for 8 to 10 hours at a time
- Able to lift 25 lbs.
- Effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability and willingness to follow directions
- Self-motivated and directed
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by management to perform other duties. KEITH Manufacturing Co. has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment with KEITH Manufacturing Co. is by mutual consent.