As a KEITH Manufacturing Co. Welder 1 you will weld together parts following prescribed methods. The ideal candidate will also have a steady hand and great attention to detail.
- Responsible for setting up and operating manual or semiautomatic welding machines that weld together parts of fabricated metal products, as specified by layouts, welding procedures, and operating charts.
- Applies hand-eye coordination to achieve the desired weld
- Understands proper quality weld standards (including slag removal).
- Visually examines welds for adherence to specifications; may grind welded surfaces for the penetrant test when necessary
- Able to operate require machinery in the area
- Maintain a “customer first” mindset for productivity and quality
- Maintain 6S in work area
- Meets agreed upon manufacturing goals in a timely manner
- Arrive to work, meetings, appointments, and other work-related functions on time and as scheduled
- May position and clamp workpieces together or assemble them in a jig or fixture
- May operate other machine equipment to prepare components for welding
- Previous verifiable welding experience
- May be required to pass employer performance tests
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Able to read a tape measure, pressure gauge, level and square
- Ability and willingness to follow directions as well as the ability to work independently
- Works in Weld Shop
- Exposure to continual noise daily from machines
- Exposure to intense light and hot materials
- Exposure to extreme hot/cold weather conditions
- Able to sit or stand for 10 hours at a time
- Able to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated and directed
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by management to perform other tasks. KEITH Manufacturing Co. has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment with KEITH Manufacturing Co. is by mutual consent.