Operation & Safety
To Prevent Possible Injury or Death
- Do Not: 1. Operate the floor with the doors closed.
- Do Not: 2. Stand behind the trailer or in the discharge area when the floor is operating.
- Do Not: 3. Make adjustments to the unloading mechanism with the floor operating.
- Do Not: 4. Operate unloader when protective covers and screens are not in place.
- Do Not: 5. Go underneath the trailer when floor is operating.
- Do Not: 6. Leave the trailer unattended while the unloader is in operation.
- Do Not: 7. Enter the trailer while the floor is in operation.
- 1. Disengage the trailer from the (P.T.O.) hydraulic power unit before service and maintenance.
- 2. Shut off the power supply before going underneath the trailer.
- 3. Stay away from any oil leaks when hydraulic pressure is high.
- 4. Shut off the hydraulic power take off unit (P.T.O) before moving the trailer.
Keep your hands, body parts and loose clothing away from the floor slats and drive mechanism when the unloading system is in operation!
Each decal notifies the operator of instructions or potential safety hazards associated with the KEITH® WALKING FLOOR® unloader. If your dealer has not placed the decals during installation, please follow the decal placement guide provided and place the decals as directed. If you have not been provided with the operational and safety decals, please contact your dealer, or KEITH Mfg. Co. directly and we will provide a set of decals for your application and use. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the decal placement, please don’t hesitate to contact your dealer or KEITH Mfg. Co.
Operation of your KEITH® Running Floor II® Unloader
- 1. Before beginning to unload, make sure the trailer door is open.
- 2. To unload with your KEITH® Running Floor II® system, pull the control valve handle all the way out.
- 3. Make sure that the ball valve, located between the pressure and return lines, is in the closed (run) position. This ball valve is used for the emergency shut-off.
- 4. Engage the P.T.O., then bring the tractor engine up to the predetermined unloading RPM. Your trailer floor should now be operating.
- 5. To stop the floor at any time during the loading or unloading process, switch the ball valve to the open (stop) position.
- 1. To load with your bi-directional KEITH® Running Floor II® system, simply turn the control valve handle parallel to the ground and push it all the way in. Then follow instructions 3, 4 and 5 listed above.
- Note -
Make sure the trailer door is open BEFORE starting the floor or the trailer door may be damaged. The nose of the trailer may also be damaged by the load force when loading.