Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Where can I purchase a new WALKING FLOOR system?
- A: If you are looking for a system installed in a trailer, contact one of our sales representatives, who can point you in the right direction. If you are interested in a custom, stationary solution, please contact KEITH Mfg. Co. directly.
Q: Does KEITH sell used WALKING FLOOR trailers?
- A: No, KEITH does not sell used equipment.
Q: Where can I find parts for my WALKING FLOOR system?
- A: Contact one of our trusted dealers or parts distributors. For specific details, contact a KEITH sales representative.
Q: Where can I go to get my system repaired?
- A: The best place to start is with one of our trusted dealers or part distributors. For specific details, contact a KEITH sales representative.
Q: Where can I find information on what flooring works best for the material I want to unload?
- A: We have descriptions of some of our most popular flooring profiles and their uses on our website. For more detailed information, download the North American or European Slat Charts. These are suggested uses. For specific details, contact a KEITH sales representative.
Q: What can I use my KEITH WALKING FLOOR system for?
- A: Most bulk materials will load/unload very well. Please be sure the trailer and floor slat profile are properly designed for the products you plan to move. WALKING FLOOR systems have been used for many years to move palletized cargo. Pallets with protruding nails cause difficulties, but using carpet or cardboard under the pallet resolves the issue. Consult with a KEITH professional to ensure your best results.
Q: Where can I find troubleshooting information?
- A: The KEITH website features basic troubleshooting information on WALKING FLOOR systems, as well as more detailed owner’s manuals.
Q: What are the maintenance requirements of my system?
- A: Maintenance is minimal and you can get more details here.
Q: What type of sweep system do you recommend I use with my WALKING FLOOR unloader?
- A: KEITH offers the CleenSweep®, BulkSweep™ and V-SWEEP™ systems. The floor slat profile and material you are unloading will determine the best sweep system for you.
Q: Where do I find the model and serial number plate on my WALKING FLOOR drive unit?
- A: In general, for systems that were manufactured after 1996, the serial numbers are located underneath the front stiffener plate. On systems manufactured before 1996, the serial numbers are located underneath the first cross-drive from the front of the drive. Find more info here.
Q: How do I register the warranty for my WALKING FLOOR system?
- A: The easiest way to register the warranty for your system is online. You can also fill out the form in your owner's manual and mail it in.
Q: Why should I choose KEITH WALKING FLOOR equipment?
- A: The total cost of ownership of a KEITH WALKING FLOOR system is the lowest in the industry over the lifetime of the equipment, because KEITH systems include:
- Lower maintenance costs.
- Less downtime.
- Fewer repairs.
- Less parts inventory.
- Extended warranty at no additional cost.
Q: Who owns the WALKING FLOOR trademark?
- A: KEITH Mfg. Co. owns several trademarked names and most important among them is the WALKING FLOOR name, which has been used and trademarked since the mid-1970s. Because it is our trademark, the phrase "WALKING FLOOR" cannot be used to describe any other material handling or moving floor system, except those designed and manufactured by KEITH Mfg. Co.
Q: Can other companies use the WALKING FLOOR trademark and logos?
- A: The trademarks and logos owned by KEITH Mfg. Co. can be used only when describing specific material handling systems designed and manufactured by KEITH Mfg. Co. It is not appropriate to use the WALKING FLOOR trademark to describe any other system. Trademarks must be used properly. We request that these guidelines be followed for all uses of trademarks. Please see the trademark guidelines section of our website.